Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 1.103: Squashed!

Exile #4 just woke up screaming. Well, on the plus-side it got me up off the sofa where I was otherwise quite firmly rooted.

As far as I can work out it was a bad-dream type of event. I use that tortured-phrase advisedly because I also suffer from episodes of waking extremely agitated about something undefined. Sometimes I go long periods without any of these episodes, often it results - for me at least - in my just rolling-over (or more often, climbing back into bed) and going back to sleep. Other times like last night I lose a more significant amount of sleep. Perhaps the 'why-not?' attitude of the US medical system will allow us to find out what we can do about it in a way that the 'do-we-really-need-to?' attitude of the NHS failed to do (it's not all one-sided).

Exile #4 (like I often do) calmed down reasonably quickly and is almost certainly fast asleep again. Happily, E5N1 is finally calming down having been rather shaken up by his room-mate's blood-curdling scream. I think Exile #2 knows how he feels.

I have been feeling a bit off-colour today, but whether it is sleep-deprivation, the lurgee that kept Exile #3 home from school today or just the premonition of failure, we may never know.

Our work squash-ladder saw its second match today - and I was roundly thrashed and as a result plummet past my opponent of last time to the bottom of the three-place ladder. OK - 'step gracefully' - might have sufficed. No excuses, I was out-played, but I'll be back.

Anyway, here is a picture that has made Exile #2 and me smile each time we've stumbled upon it since I took it yesterday morning. I hope it does the same for you.




Sweet dreams!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up, mate. You don't go to the bottom. At least that's not how most squash ladder rules work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - 'slipped to mid-table' is much less depressing.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!