Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day 1.089: Two on or him?

Was it two (A&N) who were on (the money) or him (Andy P)? Thanks for playing!


Well, let's say A&N. Although technically a timpani may be as similar to this as a snare drum, I think they were closer in spirit and got bonus points for commenting on the Odiogo man's revelation of a 1 year-old pun (I'm glad it worked - I had to hope as it takes several hours before the audio feed is available).

My Dad will probably be amused by this family trait of tongue-out in concentration surfacing at an early age. Also, I think this is a shirt that they sent (thanks Mum and Dad) although there was certain amount of chaos during the unwrapping phase so some errors in the assignment of thanks are possible.

He really took to playing this drum immediately with pretty good technique (although not perfectly demonstrated in this picture). When Exile #4 had surfaced and had her slice of cake, she was quite taken with it too.

Oh yes, it's pop pun 53 for title watchers (let's see how the Odiogo man does with this): pa-rum-pa-pum-pum.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yes, as soon as I saw the picture - and yes too.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you have a timpani?

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered that myself.

    Wikipedia (must be right!) says:

    Timpani is an Italian plural, the singular of which is timpano. However, this is rarely used in informal English speech as a timpano is typically referred to as a drum, a timpani, or simply a timp.

    So I think both the commenter and myself are OK as long as blog posts and comments are considered to be 'informal' :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!