Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 3.219: Fancy a curry?


My title was inspired by this xkcd comic strip (not suitable for anyone likely to be offended by toilet words) and Ruby Murray who had seven top-ten hits in the UK in the 50's. It's about hummingbirds (obviously).

On Friday, Exile #4 told me when I got home from work that she had seen an adult male ruby-throated hummingbird (they have a ruby coloured throat!) at the feeder. A few minutes later I saw it. A few minutes after that I fetched the camera. I didn't see it again.

On Sunday, there were at least three hummingbirds visiting the feeder. I had my camera at the ready but there no sign of an adult male once again - maybe they're shy. I did get these nice pictures though, so that's OK.

Have I ever mentioned my love of Tarka Dahl - or that it makes me imagine a children's book called Fantastic Mr Otter?

1 comment:

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!