Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 5.143: Something from the Capital Region

We're on the road in Vermont. We stopped for dinner at a recommended place in Fair Haven, just across the state line. In fact, the place - The Wagon Inn - turned out to be in the tiny but delightful village of Benson.

The little village green outside the inn had a board with the village newsletter on display and another object which came from near home: West Troy NY which is now Watervliet.

So, to keep you occupied while we start our weekend away, I'll set it as a mystery picture challenge. Get guessing and I'll "see" you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I cheated and did a 2-minute web search for West Troy industry and came up with pottery. Is it a big stoneware crock?

    -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on, I just did another minute's search and came up with... a bell? http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittenlovers/2185718949/

    Sorry I cheated. Wait, no I'm not! That was a fun treasure hunt!

    - Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    The best suggestion I can come up with, also my first thought, it looks like a bell. Church? ships?.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!