Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 5.168: Wild Goose recap #1 (Thursday)

I'm going to attempt to recap my experiences at Wild Goose a day at a time. We'll see how it goes. This will be the easiest one.

On the day, I wrote about our stressful journey. Both the car and my Mum are both doing OK. The car brought us back safely (and uneventfully) and my Mum will be here on Thursday for a visit.

We arrived a little later than planned in the late afternoon heat and set up camp.  With most things set-up but little thought given to the rest of the day we capitulated to the kids' requests and went off to explore the site.

This brought us to the main-stage shortly before the opening ceremony was due to start (top left).

Exile #4 quickly volunteered to sit under a blue umbrella and 'part the Jordan' in a part of the ceremony coordinated by Angie Fadel.

After the opening ceremony we returned to finish setting up camp and have some food.  Our tent was basically back-stage at the second largest performance space - the Performance Cafe.  While we were there, Shane Claiborne was talking.  I snapped a picture (top right), but couldn't stay to hear him.

Later we returned to the main-stage where we heard Aimee Wilson and Aradhna (bottom left).  It was great, but the kids were getting restless.  I think we must have left part way through Josh Garrels' set (mid right).

With the kids in bed I wandered back to the Performance Cafe a couple of times - to hear a little of a session on art in worship (bottom right).  I wish I'd been able to hear more of this (and that I knew the names of the two presenters!)


Our evening ended with a DJ set from Vince Anderson (mid left) again just a few feet from our tent.  They were having some technical difficulties, but several less-tired-than-me people were dancing nevertheless.

I went to bed hoping for a good-night's sleep and for a better day ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!