Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 6.360: Venturing out

I managed to get out of the apartment not just once but three times today. The first was for a run - in daylight for once (I nearly left it too late to be back in time for my second outing - to church). There was no sunrise for me, but I was able to see (and capture with my phone) some things more clearly than is possible at dawn.

Firstly, Back Cove is very icy:


Here's another view - with a bit of elevation provided by the bridge:


Secondly, there is quite a lot of ice in the actual bay (this is the beach just north of downtown Portland):


And thirdly, someone has some serious snowman-making skills (I thought this snow was much too cold and fluffy to manage this):


My third outing was to photograph Back Cove again with the tide a bit higher and with my real camera. I'll have to share those another day once I've picked over them a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!