Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 7.008: Why is no-one dancing?

E5N1 found me this morning. None of the kids knew I was coming home and I arrived after they were tucked up in bed last night. He was quite surprised and then persuaded me to hide from the girls.

We had to get out of the house for breakfast as we had another viewing for the house, so the kids settled down to watch iCarly while Exile #2 did the last clean and tidy and check-around.


Since they were glued to the TV, I ventured out of my hiding place until I heard the theme music start at which point I dove into the kitchen because, without fail, at that point all three of them jump up and start dancing around the room.  Exile #2 said, "Go and start dancing with them!" as a way of surprising the girls, so I went in.

But no-one was dancing.

It seems they'd taken Exile #2's instructions to sit nicely and not mess the room up quite literally.

So I walked up and said, "Why is no-one dancing?"

Exile #3 and Exile #4 both turned around.  Exile #3 started to say, "Because we're..." The looks on their faces when they realised I was there and wasn't supposed to be were priceless.  Exile #3 did cartoon-shocked while Exile #4 looked genuinely scared like I'd come to life out of the Skype screen or something.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!