Thursday, February 22, 2007

Day 43: Take a walk up the street

It's snowing again, we have had a dusting as you can see from my footprints outside the garage this evening, but if there is more (it is still falling) it might amount to 'an accumulation'. There's always a new term to learn. Temperatures are around freezing (i.e. pretty warm by recent standards) I'm still hoping it might be snowman-building weather one of these days.

We visited the local 'Y' today, somewhere equipped for indoor swimming, aerobic exercise etc. and with free childcare. The girls had a taste of it - they played (fully supervised) while I sorted out our membership. They seemed to be having a great time when I called them out to have their photos taken and when I had to pretty much drag them out to go back home.

It's not quite as the song might have led you to expect, but it was pretty tempting to answer how we heard about them with "I was down and out with the blues...that's when someone walked up to me and said...".

Tomorrow we'll go and try it out for real - assuming the accumulation doesn't stop us.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. We have so often thought about "joining up" with the "Y," but never could commit to the monthly cost. Our fear of course is that we would somehow rush to the place the first month, and then never go again, but still pay for it. Silly I know.

    We actually purchased a fairly nice eliptical and it resides in my livingroom gathering dust... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you missed some opportunities for "pop-pun #3 for title watchers", eg:
    "It's fun to play at the..."
    or
    "You can hang out with all the toys"
    Your knowledge of the verse lyrics is a bit scary though.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!