Monday, July 30, 2007

Day 200: Blinds fold

Two hundred days. Gone in a flash.

Church was good this morning - well technically it's our 'interim worship gathering' while we prepare to launch the church - good anyway. I led some sung worship which was only the third time since we got here (the other two times being for our homegroup). I suppose that there is no danger of being just a one-in-the-crowd chair occupier when your church is only about 20 people, but it's good to be getting stuck-in to things.

This afternoon Exile #2 weeded two beds at the front of the house and that has made a huge difference. The growing season had barely started in anger when we agreed to buy the house so things have got a bit wild. I cut the grass-and-assorted-broad-leafed-plants as well. I'm considering applying some weed-and-feed but I'm frankly terrified at how much of the lawn-vegetation might die as a result.

Apart from that, it's really been a weekend of blinds. Buying, fitting, buying liners, taking down blinds, attaching liners, refitting blinds. Fortunately I have not been working alone as Exile #3 has taken a real interest in what I've been doing (on and off - but more on than off) and has been genuinely helpful most of the time. Anyway - here's one of them complete and unfolded. They also fold.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you guys have been working hard, & burning the candle at both ends, if even your beds are growing weeds.

    You should stop once in a while. Take a rest. Sleep.

    There was a young novice nun in a nunnery. She was having a bath in the big old bathroom where all the facilities were, when there was a knock on the door.

    "Who is it?" she asked.

    "It's the blind man" came back the answer.

    "What do you want?" she asked.

    "I need to do my stuff" he replied.

    Being the middle of winter, she did not want to get straight out of the bath, put her habit on and get it all wet, nor did she want to get the towel wet so that it would be cold when she wanted to dry herself. "But it's the blind man," she reasoned with herself, "& he needs the loo; I'll just let him in and he'll never know."

    So she tip-toed out of the bath, dripped towards the door, unlocked it and said, "come in."

    "Goodness me, lovely girl," said the blind man, "you're stark naked! You'll catch you're death! Now - here's my stuff, where do you want me to put these blinds?"

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!