Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 265: Return of the Turki

Weak I know, but I couldn't resist. This was out west a couple of weeks ago. Exile #2 and Exile #4 are going out that way again tomorrow to meet up with the rest of Pre-K for a field-trip. They're going apple-picking. It's all the rage around here, like pick-your-own strawberries. But with trees. And apples. And without the strawberries. Well, you get the idea.

Having picked the apples they make cider and give it to the children. They also put it in doughnuts apparently. Strange lot. (American readers, please click here)

The cheap pun does remind me that this post caused some interest due to my use of the word octopuses. For the record: I was right but octopi is also acceptable (if logically flawed) and octopodes is etymologically correct but just plain silly (unless you're in Greece perhaps).
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Well I never...I hate to think what the reaction would be if I ordered scrumpy in a bar in the states...

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my ignorance, I recently asked a girl on a market stall if the "cider donuts" she was selling were alcoholic, because I was driving. She looked slightly stunned at the question.

    You just won't let the octopuses thing drop, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now 'hard cider donuts' would be either alcoholic or two days old presumably (or both).

    Not everyone gets the benefit of my smugness in person, but I like to share. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!