Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 1.031: The sky is falling

We had a stay-at-home morning in which Exile #2 looked after three children and cooked a roast dinner single-handed while I slept - yes, another infection has caught up with me - the same one that has been ever-so-slightly slowing Exile #2 down for the last few days completely flattened me. Manfluenza strikes.

This afternoon, I was feeling well-rested and drugged if not exactly well, it was sunny and not too cold (just around freezing) so when Exile #2 suggested a trip to the library we decided we would walk over there (approx 15-20 minutes). Albaniana's Man and Boy joined us since they happened to tell us they were at a loose end while we were assembling coats and boots. We set off in good spirits.

Ten minutes later we were in the midst of a blizzard. We had been expecting some snow and high winds later in the day, but it came-up surprisingly fast. Exile #2 suggested I return home for the van which I did with E5N1 in the backpack complaining loudly because we were walking into the wind. The sky may not actually have been falling but the wind had brought this branch down since we'd passed this point. When I got home I packed E5N1 into his car seat, picked up a spare one for the Boy and then did some heroic (if I say so myself - which I just did) manoeuvring to get the van out of the garage and past the car in the drive without making contact with either.

At the library the kids had decided that with the wind still increasing, discretion was the better part of valour.


By the time we were leaving church this evening it was feeling very cold (17 °F with a strong wind). It's now 10 °F.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!