Monday, October 29, 2007

Day 292: The Cobalt Season

This evening I left Exile #2 with the unenviable job of getting three children to bed on her own to go out to another gig. It couldn't have been more different from the last one. The band were The Cobalt Season - Ryan (shadow) and Holly (shadowed). The background is a fantastic blend of a film the band projected as their light show and the wallpaper of the house where the gig was. They are halfway through a two month US tour playing concerts in homes and other small venues, staying with friends and strangers and moving on. They also have their one-year-old son with them - quite an undertaking.

The music was great as were the discussions - the event was hosted by our nearly-church and people were curious about it. The band are in a similar spiritual place to me at the moment I think - longing for truth and consistency and for their faith to mean something for themselves and those they meet. Immediate catch was "Careful not to draw your maps in pen and ink" - You are going to change your mind some day... Also, if this is, as iTunes informs me, 'Folk', I may have to redraw some of my musical maps too. It is beautiful and heartfelt and flawed and gritty - I hope that they would like that description because I intend it as high praise.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!