Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 293: Bite of passage

Another landmark reached this morning when I went for a dental check-up. Once again culture-shock was looming. I was taken into the surgery at exactly the time it said on my appointment card and was climbing back into my car at exactly the time they said I would be done. In between I had amongst other things 18 X-rays and some normal photos some of which involved me doing the same as Exile #4 in this picture except with some metal brackets instead of fingers.

The rest of the day was uneventful until I left work to come home. The car wouldn't start. We tried persistence and booster cables (jump leads) but that didn't help. Although it was turning over half heartedly to give us hope, it sounds like the engine is getting no fuel. I suppose that I will spend tomorrow morning getting to know another industry's idiosyncrasies.

Exile #2 brought the whole clan to pick me up. On the way home I wondered if the man at the full-service gas station had put 'gas' in my tank rather than diesel. After House I went back to work to look at the receipt in the car - no he got it right by the looks of it. It says "Product: Dies". Spot on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!