Saturday, December 8, 2007

Day 331: Diner recliner

Today was a 'holiday' shopping day. For a variety of reasons, it's pretty much the only one, so I took the day off work, we booked Exile #4 a whole day at school (she usually just does mornings) then took E5N1 to the diner so we could fuel up (whilst waiting for the shops to open) and give ourselves a pitstop-free run at the mall. Apparently, for reasons unknown (to me at least) most if not all the diners around here are run by Greek Americans, it seems strange to me that such a piece of stereotypical Americana should be effectively an ethnic restaurant. Anyway, we had a great brunch and went to the mall.

One of our stops was at Borders where I has some trouble finding some things. This may have not been too surprising as they seem to have a very literal filing system. At one point, I noticed that the Jethro Tull CDs were filed under 'T' (for 'Tull, J' presumably). Exile #2 pointed out that it is a person's name - yes, but I doubt that the CDs contained the hits of the 18th Century agricultural innovator.

I think we managed to tick most of the names off our list, so that's another piece in the puzzle.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!