Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 345: Pop - the questions

We had a quiet day today - several of us, myself foremost are feeling a bit off-colour so it has been nice to take it slowly. A while ago, one of my regular comment-posters challenged me to write "The Square's Guide to The Exile". I thought about it, but then I thought it would be more fun for you all to write it, so instead, I offer you the DIY square's guide part 1:

The "Exiles in New York" Pop Pun Pop Quiz


Here's a fun game for you to play with all the family this holiday season as you look back over 345 days of your favourite blog (well I can dream!)...

Solve the pop puns!

RULES (small print):
1) Entries by email only to the address at the bottom of the blog's main page. You've got to solve that one too.
2) No answers in comments please, but feel free to leave a comment to say you're planning to play and/or how you're getting on.
3) The first to get me a complete correct solution will win, or if one does not arrive I will announce a date for the end of the competition and award a prize to the highest scoring entry received by that date.
4) Each answer is artist + song title. Kudos for additional comments, but they will have no effect on the competition.
5) The decision of the_exile will be final. No cash equivalent for the as yet unnamed prize.

So, here they are - the posts and comments (and the text below) contain many clues also there was a summary to date on Day 93 and an explanation for how to solve them on Day 112.

Happy punning!

In total you should have 40 artists and 40 song titles.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a challenge, and an opportunity to disappear to the study when I need a break from the Christmas festivities! Got the first one, only 39 to go...

    A

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!