Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Day 69: Trudging (in stilettos) in the snow


If being too good at billiards is a sign of a misspent youth and the title is a sign of a misplaced childhood then here is a sign of a possibly misused evening. I had a disproportionate amount of fun creating it without more than passing thought for the girls who were already asleep in bed. Having said that, this morning Exile #4 was quite excited when she discovered it and when Exile #3 found it we were nearly very late for school, so the rightful owners got their reward in the end.

Exile #4 had to visit the doctor this morning having kept me up for a large part of last night with an earache. It turns out she has quite a bad infection. She has been so cheerful with it that we didn't realise how bad it was - poor thing - she seemed so tiny in the night it was hard to reconcile with her normal dynamic self.

Well Spring started at 8.07 pm as the weather men have been intent on telling us this evening, but we will still awake to snow in the morning. I went out to visit the snow-house earlier - it has sagged a little, but not collapsed - I wish I had more time to work on it, I think it could have been quite an impressive structure (can a hole be a structure?), but I think its time has probably passed now.

By the way, talking of snow, I don't think it can have been a foot deep in Camden (Belsize?) or they would have been trudging rather than dancing. Pop pun #8 of course. Please excuse me I never meant to write so many, but you encouraged me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I remember, barefoot on the lawn with shooting stars. Bit chilly for that at the moment I think. Took me a while to get that one, you're getting more cryptic!

    Sorry to hear about Exile #4. Hope she gets better soon and not too many more sleepless nights.

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, now that one was easy - it's my favourite album of all time (I'm not certain what that says about me, but never mind!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!