Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 263: Jay'll bar St Gold and Gates

I sparked something of a political discussion at church this morning. Not church politics I hasten to add but US presidential politics. I related the way that media in the UK reported that the Christian-right had maybe swung the election last time round, and that their support had been apparently courted on the back of intolerant and sometimes hateful attitudes towards homosexuals and those who have or consider having abortions. The point I was really making was the way that discussions on the subject of US politics had helped to form my theological beliefs, however I failed to allow for the fact that most people in the room had had a vote in that election and that it is real politics here and not just weird foreign-affairs. It was a good discussion though I think and one I stayed nearly completely out of.

After our meeting we went to a Michaelmas gathering for the ex-pats. Thanks to A & J for organising and hosting and supplying excellent food and drink! It was the first time we'd seen several of the people since their arrival, so that was especially nice. At one point Exile #4 conscripted me for a game of hide-and-seek. This was my view on reaching 'ten'.

And yes, it's pop pun #31 for title watchers. (You probably guessed that!). I'll send a letter to my friends, a born-again hooligan.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh to have the super powers of a three year-old! 'I close my eyes and...I'm invisible!' THAT's real magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll stick to the tried and trusted towel over my head approach.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!