Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 323: Bumper grind

The other day I saw this broken down car being collected by a tow truck. The only problem was the tow truck was already carrying what looked like a nice new car, so he hitched the other one on the back - the precarious angle meant that the rear bumper bounced very close to the road as it was towed over the bumps in the road. I wonder if it made it in one piece and if the owner got a discount for the less-than-top-notch towing service. I'm glad that when my car was towed last month it was up on top of the truck.

Exile #3 is currently showing some more up-sides of a later-start to formal education by suddenly wanting to read and write. It's quite exciting to see especially after her term of Reception in the UK. To be fair, she did do quite a bit of reading then (a year ago) and quite enjoyed it, but any writing work was only done under severe duress. I'm sure she's well behind with these things relative to her UK classmates, but I'm very happy with how her US education is working out for her so far. I know just what you need girl.

Well, we're on a roll, so here's pop pun #39 for title watchers - a backlog of pretty easy ones is forming. I don't see nothing wrong (with that).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. R Kelly?! That doesn't sound like your usual musical references!...perhaps there is another r n'b side to the exile we were unaware of?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to keep you guessing - and fortunately for me, you do!

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!