Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 309: Last man standing

It seems we're all sick now. Except Exile #4 (pictured here by Exile #3 on Tuesday) and E5N1, who can't actually stand yet.

OK, so Exile #4 isn't a man, but cut me slack here I'm not well.

I did manage to do a day at work today, and it wasn't too bad, but this evening I'm feeling very rough again. Exile #2 had a morning with a migraine and an evening with 'just' a headache and Exile #3 did a day at school, got off the bus and into the house and promptly threw up. Great.

Funnily enough, the two youngest members of the family seem to be on especially good form. E5N1 is very chatty and smiley and Exile #4 seems to put on a show at every opportunity (in fact, even in the absence of opportunity). Today we got a little snippet of a song - I imagine there must be a performance of some sort coming up. Hopefully they can keep up their good form and avoid taking their turn with the lurgy.

Bedtime. Now where did I put the eggnog?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure eggnog will help - especially with a shot of something in it! I was queing up at the all night pharmacy for cough mixture for J last night. He and I also have a lurgy - me not so bad but he's not a happy boy at the moment.

    You meet some odd people in such places. The guy in the queue in front of me was obviously a regular and was telling me what interesting people you meet outside the pharmacy! Once I'd decided I wasn't standing next to a nutter in a freezing cold deserted car park outside the pharmacy window at 11 o'clock at night we had quite a good chat. Did you know that Lotus Elises aren't good cars to drive in the winter? No grip from the back tires apparently!

    Hope you all get better soon.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. without counting back thru 300+ days, how many bad colds have you suffered so far?

    just wondering if you're experiencing what I experienced - changing countries means your immunity to "foreign" bugs is non existent, so requires a year or two to build up...

    take vitamin C + zinc - help fight the virus (virii)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A: sorry to hear about J, I hope he's recovering faster than me! and thanks for the the car advice - if I'm ever buying a Lotus I'll be sure to put some decent snow tires on it :-)

    Lawrence: It certainly seemed that the girls came down with a string of minor illnesses when we arrived, but I didn't do too badly. I may have caught a few, but they didn't really slow me down much. It would seem that we may not be out of the woods nearly a year on. Whether or not it's the strain that's to blame, this is the worst I've felt for the longest with a cold for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Exile,

    J much better now thanks. We've definitely hit the winter here - went to a mum's group today and the vast majority of us were sniffing, coughing or croaking (& that's just the mums)!

    Hope you improve soon.
    N

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!