Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 302: Meeting Mr Thirsty

The girls visited the dentist today. She saw Exile #3 first and told of her future of orthodontic woes - "In a year or so you should think about starting work to stretch her jaw." Wow. Then she saw Exile #4 - she's even worse apparently. The healthcare industry here, with its decoupled provider/patient/payer structure, really loves to do stuff to you.

The rest of the time they were there was spent with (as far as I can work out) two separate hygienists. Exile #3 had a full clean - I think the first time I had one of those I was at least 30 - and they were both introduced to the sucky-tube-thingy. This was how Exile #4's explained to me about 'Mr Thirsty'. He is thirsty, and he has not had a drink so he is very thirsty and he drunk some water from in my mouth.

It seems that despite all the comings and goings, no-one examined E5N1's first tooth which has been with us for a couple of weeks. I can report that it feels quite sharp - especially when he uses my finger as a teething-toy.

The girls were also both very excited because they came away with new toothbrushes, an egg timer for timing their brushing and - most excitingly for me - some sparkly blue toothpaste that they claim to like - readers of old may recall that finding such a product has been problematic. Maybe we can call-off our small scale import business at last.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!