Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 347: Motion, poetry and songs

Here is E5N1 trying to will the block closer to him earlier. I think he realises that the real trick is to move himself closer to it, but his efforts mostly result in rotation on the spot or the occasional shuffle backwards rather than the forward movement he desires. He was very patient with it for some time today - even though I was taking photographs rather than helping.

Later, after a minor argument with Exile #3 about something I bumped into Exile #4 as she retreated upstairs to the comfort of her towel to calm down. After she told me the error of her sister's ways, she was lying on the floor 'snuggling'. I picked up a copy of a book of the nation's favourite poems and started reading some to her (from Shakespeare sonnets to Betjeman and plenty in between). She seemed to quite enjoy it, sometimes asking me to repeat one, sometimes requesting a different one. After a while she requested a Winnie-the-Pooh story which was fine too. Apparently she mentioned this little Daddy-time to Exile #2 during bedtime - I suspect that it takes being away from home and a break from the normal routine to make these things happen sometimes.

The reason I missed her bedtime was that I was at a Carol Service with Exile #3 and her grandparents. Exile #3 had been very keen to go after our family trip to the morning service there this morning (in which the girls had stood-in as last-minute Magi in the Nativity). She did very well despite being falling-down tired by the end.

From time to time I look to see what web-searches have resulted in visits to this site. Some are as expected, but there are surprises - recently I suspect this site had disappointed searchers for "words with multiple a's" and "hel'la translation". So I apologise to you if you came here searching for the words of the Poet Laureate and have had to make do with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!