Saturday, March 1, 2008

Day 1.051: One day or two?

How did that work? I left the hotel at 8.30 am, navigated Tokyo on the train, had lunch (rice with teryaki chicken), boarded a plane and took off at 2.30 pm. So far so good. I slept for all but about half an hour of the flight but I'm told it was ten and half hours. When we landed it was noon, so as I found myself watching the excellent dancing fountains in Detroit airport and feeling a bit hungry it was lunchtime - again? still? (burger and fries!).

Anyway, travel was happily uneventful (apart from International Date Line strangeness anyway) and I am very pleased to be home. These were the ways my family and the Upstate New York weather welcomed me home.

'Carrying' my bags:


'helping' me dig out the car:
"Welcome home" - I think they learned more Japanese than me this week:(that's me asleep naked on the plane in Exile #4's picture - in reality I kept my clothes on),

a Japanese Science Table:and E5N1 showed off his newly-found forward-motion:
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!