Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 1.061: Multi-tasking

I made good progress with my taxes this morning after I had run out of excuses to prevaricate. After picking Exile #4 up from school, Exile #2 came in to see if I felt able to go out for lunch. Did I ever? After a nice meal of soup and sandwiches we popped into the hardware store to get a new saw blade - they didn't have the right size, so I bought a new saw instead - well how wrong can you go for less than $10? Oh, yes - I also picked up an axe, and a pair of gloves, and a mini-spade that Exile #4 took a shine to, and some shelving for the basement. Well, how wrong can you go for (undisclosed sum)? You shouldn't go to the grocery store hungry, and apparently you shouldn't go to the hardware store on a warm sunny early-Spring day either.

After a bit more taxation, I decided the time had come to turn our dead tree into firewood and its resting-place-cum-rockery into a potential flower-bed. It turned out to be an easy task thanks to it being dead to the point of rotting. Moving the stones and tidying up the twigs was a more significant task. Fortunately I had some help...

...from Exile #4 and her new spade of course - you didn't think I meant...?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Do any of them do washing up...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pic. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like you've been watching too many re-runs of that 'famous' late 70's badly dubbed TV programme "Monkey" http://www.greatsage.net/monkey/video.html

    A

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!