Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 1.054: NY Chainsaw Manicure

While I was at home yesterday, the men from National Grid came through our backyard chopping trees that were threatening the power-lines. There was a fair amount of chainsaw-action, although only small trees and a few small branches from the large ones were removed.

As they were doing it I was thinking "I wonder what they'll do with that good firewood?". In the end they left neat piles on the corner of each property - I chose to interpret this as them saying "Here is your wood!" However, I went down to collect it straight away in case they came back to dispose of it. Of course an axe and/or a decent saw to render it fireplace-sized will cost more than the wood is worth probably, but that's not really the point is it?

Today was a back-to-work day and I managed reasonably well - I was more than slightly tired at each end of the working day, but in between was basically fine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!