Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 3.331: Freak of nature

We were surprised to wake up to more snow this morning (about an inch) with it still falling steadily. Fortunately the temperatures were up and the roads were fairly clear thanks to hot vehicles and salt.

Strangely, it seems that we were in a very small pocket of the area that got a decent fall of snow. Both Albany itself and the area where I work were virtually (or entirely) snow-free.

When the girls got home from school, Exile #4 and E5N1 finished up their snacks and went straight back out - they spent some time sledding together down the small slope in our back yard. On one occasion...well I'll let them tell you.

Exile #4: I was getting the sled ready for [E5N1] and suddenly I felt myself moving and I was lying down on the sled and it was going down backwards and I had nothing to hold on to and it was going faster and faster and I was looking everywhere for something to grab...

E5N1: And I called out, "[Exile #4] are you OK?" and she said "Yes!"

Most of all, I'm just happy that this winter E5N1 seems to be enjoying the snow - mostly, I suspect, because he finally seems convinced of the merit of keeping his mittens on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!