Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 6.266: The view from EWR

I did a lot of travelling for business in 2000 and although I'm not absolutely sure it was the first time I was there, it was that year that I first found myself in one of the gate-areas at Newark Airport from where you can look over at Manhattan.  At the time, the twin towers of the World Trade Center were the overwhelmingly recognisable part of the view.

Of course, for many years it has been their absence that has been striking in the downtown skyline. Now, the WTC is, once again asserting itself as the iconic part of the view - as I saw on my recent trip:


And, just because I'm talking about 1 WTC and because it's beautiful, here is some dancing from NYC ballet on top of one of the nearby buildings at dawn recently:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!