Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 2.019: Take a piece of meat with you

It's been a long and crazy day. It started with an early visit from my daughters in tag-team mode (just as I'm getting back to sleep the other one shows up). I spent breakfast time scraping a thin layer of snow from the drive hoping that the sun today would warm the resulting black-ish surface and get rid of the layer of ice. Then it was bus-waiting time (pictured!).

After I got to work I developed a nasty headache but fortunately, a dose of paracetamol (or as the joke doesn't go here: "Why are there no aspirin in the jungle? because the acetaminophen!" - thanks locals) started to work just when I was giving up on it.

After work I headed north for a church meeting. After that there was just time to stop at the supermarket to do our weekly grocery shopping - it was kind of late and not the place I've been going since taking this job on from Exile #2 a couple of weeks ago - still I did quite well except that I presume I left a bag somewhere because two loaves of bread are missing - hopefully not too much else with them. By the time I got home even Exile #2 was in bed asleep - but the drive is largely ice free.

It's pop pun 94 for title watchers (actually a mis-heard lyric of a song that was playing at the supermarket today - one of their many British pop tunes). Every time you go away...

5 comments:

  1. Just as long as you didn't leave the Oates in the bag with the bread as well, you'll have realised that the song was originally a US pop song. Maybe it's in the Hall?

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! no I didn't - but the one playing in Price Chopper was the version I remembered from when I was Young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you give the title away in the last line of the blog? Is this a pop pun first? - locals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that make it the worst pop pun ever? I doubt it, but the fans will decide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you'll get away with it! Always good to have added assistance in recalling about 2 lines of some long forgotten 80s tune, which I can then spend the rest of day the humming merrily to myself! Keep up the good work :-) N

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!