Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 1.364: SLRing again

Pentax K200DEver since Exile #3 was born (she had another name back then) I have been taking digital photographs and my 35 mm SLR has been collecting dust (well the bag has been literally collecting dust - the camera only figuratively). From time to time over the years I have come across photos I took with it and thought wistfully that some of them are quite good. During the last year (since I got my wonderful Canon SD870 IS) I have been getting much more serious about taking good photos again for their own sake (and not just to illustrate what I'm talking about in the blog). So for my birthday I decided to put some present money together with some tax refund money and buy a Digital SLR. I struggled to decide between the Pentax K200D and the Olympus E510/520. In the end the compatibility of the Pentax with my old K-mount lenses (especially the one you can see if you mouse-over or click above) was the deciding factor.

It's taking a bit of getting used to - it's not really like my fully-manual SLR of old, nor like my compact digital, but I am loving it. Here are a few early pictures (I haven't had chance to get outside or in daylight with it yet!).





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!