Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 3.333: Looking over at the little guy

Exile #2 took this picture yesterday. Either that hawk wasn't hungry or he was too hungry to bother!

Today is a red-letter day. Not because it is Day 3.333 - although that is pretty cool. No, today as we watched the local news on YNN and 'News From Beyond The Capital Region' came on, there was a story from England. Shots of student protesters in London objecting to the increase in student fees from 'approximately $5,000 to approximately $14,000 a year' Now I am not going to talk about UK politics here - that's not really my thing although some of my friends may well be doing so! - rather I am seeing this from a US view where fees are anywhere from $10,000 to $25,000 per year already and $5,000 looked like an astonishing bargain. Whatever the rights and wrongs, English Universities are taking a massive step towards the US higher education system today.

Maybe it's time to move to California. The fact that the temperature is going to drop to between 2 and 8°F (-17 to -13°C) tonight (its not even winter yet!) has nothing to do with my thinking at all!

2 comments:

  1. Great shot! The cloud behind him (her?) really adds some definition.

    With the leaves gone, it's much easier to spot hawks now, epsecially along the highways. I would really like to get a shot of a Bald Eagle this winter but without some heavy lens investments I don't think I will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exile #2 is very thankful for your kind words. Much though I'd like to claim that is was my editing that made this shot, it was actually great from the start - taken with my trusty Canon P&S.

    This is my best bald eagle shot to date. Not exactly a classic!

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!