Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 4.235: In-law-in-laws?

We have arrived in Bristol for Exile #2's brother's wedding. His bride will be my wife's sister-in-law, but I believe that is the only way to describe my relationship to her. The bride's mother, who introduced us to some Malaysian sweets: dried slices of nutmeg fruit and dodol as well as some special fruit jelly (Jell-O), will be my brother-in-law's mother-in-law. We must be able to better than that surely. If I can describe the great-granddaughter of my grandfather's brother as my second cousin once removed or something can't we do something about this secondhand in-law-y-ness?

In any case we had a lovely time and are now settling down in the hotel for the night before the festivities tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!