Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 4.356: 13.1

"13.1" is the answer to yesterday's cliff-hanging question, but really it is more significantly about something else that happened today.

We had a slow start despite not having a particularly late night, so we were not far past breakfast when I left under blue skies to the university campus in Albany to run my first half-marathon.

I had a good time.  The weather started off amazingly kind - warm and bright - although the wind got up during the run and caused some issues.  Still, I had a good race.  I ran it 5 minutes faster than I'd set out to do.  Actually that meant nearly hitting my first 10K race pace and running much faster than my first 5K despite having to keep the pace up for 13.1 miles.

I saw friend, colleague and marathon runner T there who has had his blog name at least since Day 17.  I also managed to thank Jen in person, through whose blog I had found out about the race while reading one of her restaurant reviews.

When I got home E5N1 was still in his pajamas, but Exile #4 was dressed and willing to step outside and point a camera at me in my race gear.


It seems I ran 98.7 miles in December.  If I keep this up* I can hit 400 in January.




* Yeah - I won't be attempting that!

1 comment:

  1. Very well done!

    Happy New Year to all the Exiles.

    Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!