Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 5.015: Shore shorts


A flight coming in to land at SFO around dawn on Day 5.008.

I enjoyed my runs on the path along the shore of the bay while I was in California.  Unfortunately, my schedule and the time of year did not permit me to run during daylight hours - rather I was running before dawn in almost complete darkness.  There was enough light to see where I was going, but that's about it.  I didn't really go prepared for outdoor running - assuming, incorrectly, that I would be stuck on a treadmill in the fitness center.  So it was that I was running in shorts and short-sleeve running shirt without anything reflective or a light at 5am, disturbing the shore birds, trying not to disturb the homeless guy on the bench, passing the hotel staff smoking at the back of the hotel and a few other runners from time to time.

So, it worked out fairly well and I knew that the views were nice - even if I couldn't actually see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!