Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 4.361: First day of High School


It was E5N1's first day at High School today and my first visit to a US High School classroom too.  He was invited to be a tester for some pre-school activities designed by this class of High School girls and, as part of hopefully my last day as stand-in Mom, it fell to me to take him there.  He took a while to get started but was soon playing games and doing craft projects, disowning me and sitting on girls laps in his normal way.

For me, it was also an interesting experience.  The bells going off for the end of one class (at 1.26 pm) and the beginning of the next (at 1.31 pm) and the absolute observation of these as start and end times.  The girls attending class in cheerleaders uniforms (not just in Glee then) and so on were things that I knew about in theory but was still surprised to experience.

Anyway, E5N1 declared the visit to be, "So fun!" so I guess whether their activities turned out to be well designed or not, the girls got the essentials right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!