Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 5.028: One advantage of a snowless winter

When I wrote this post about keeping running outside for as long as I could, it didn't really occur to me that I would make it into February with only a couple of cold days and a couple of slightly icy ones to deal with. I imagined I would be driven from the roads by three-foot high snow banks by now.

I rather like snow and the excitement of a harsh winter and, while I know there's still time for winter to strike, with no sign at the moment I will resist being sad about it and be happy with these monthly running totals for December and January.

Incidentally, the (probably very approximate) calorie count is low for January because I logged miles and hours but no calories burned for my runs in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!