Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 5.033: Bright-eyed and red-tailed

Maybe he had heard about our new friend from yesterday and wanted to invite them to join him for dinner?

This Red-tailed Hawk paid us an extended visit this afternoon.  Perching for several minutes on the swing-set before flying up into the tree (giving us a flash of its red tail) and then flying away.


When Exile #2 first spotted it I looked out in the direction she pointed in and couldn't see it all - she couldn't believe it since it looked so huge on our diminutive swing-set and, to be fair, once I saw it I wasn't sure how I'd missed it.  It was very obliging to stay still long enough for me to fetch the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!