Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 5.220: A thousand miles

We made it home. The drive was around 200 miles, but that's not really the point. After a few days off while we were camping, I decided I'd better fit in a run this evening - which I did, thanks in part to my brother-in-law who was cooking a rather excellent dinner.

(As a visual aid, here are the kids running with their cousin from last weekend.)


At some point in the last week, MapMyRun tells me that I clocked up my thousandth mile since I started running just under a year ago. Last week, my doctor told me that I only need to see her once a year now that my cholesterol levels are edging into the normal range, as long as I "keep running and don't put much weight back on." I think they are basically one and the same requirement and, as long as my limbs cooperate, I have no plans to stop.

For your delight - here's the theme song of the first of those achievements...altogether now!



1 comment:

  1. You are pretty amazing, sir. :) That photo of the kids is very cool. A good name "with reckless abandon" maybe? Or "slightly out of breath?" heh

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!