Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 5.270: Marathon booty

So, tomorrow is race day and my chance to see whether the last six months of preparation have got me where I need to be to run 26.2 miles tomorrow.  There's nothing else I can do except get to the start line on time dressed to run.

I started my marathon training after I ran the Delmar Dash in April. Since then my weekly totals have built to over 45 miles and my long runs to over 20.  It all worked out like this:


Notes:
Week 10 was my drop-back (drop out!) week for Wild Goose.
Week 17 was my half-marathon week.


All in all, it went pretty much as I planned - for better or worse.  My feeling is that I might have benefited from more total miles towards the end and a less dramatic taper, but it is what it is - more than 700 miles of running!

This morning we went to pick up my race number and other goodies.  The promotional gifts were an interesting assortment.


The message I'm getting is that my running clothes smell (well, duh!) and so does my breath (well, hang on a minute!) - or my teeth are not very white - well maybe that's for after I drink the assortment of energy drinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!