Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 5.273: Roll Rivers all

After we got home from the marathon, I sat at the computer for a while, then I fell into bed and almost instantly asleep for a while. After that I finally managed to get into the shower (I was having some difficulty regulating my temperature - it was rather like having a fever - or, more germanely perhaps, being extremely over-tired).

Anyway, a new friend - from our Labor Day weekend wedding had contacted us to say he was in the area visiting his parents, so we invited him to come and see us.

Exile #2 said that too much rest was not the best thing for me (she'd been reading up on the Internet) and that I needed to get a little exercise, so, as soon as he arrived, we dragged M out to Five Rivers (where he had last visited in 3rd Grade) and he joined us for a shot in our usual group-photo location (here are some previous examples from earlier visits there).


If I'm looking glazed it's because I was barely functional.

We had a very nice afternoon and evening and it was good to have a reason to get out of my chair and get my rebellious muscles moving again.

Yesterday was another very achy day and I was relieved to have taken the day off work. Today I was almost able to move around normally thanks in part to Exile #2's ministrations on Monday evening with a rolling pin on my thigh muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!