Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 6.150: A tale of two chickens

I had two evenings to myself in Korea - the night after I arrived and the Saturday night three nights later. I spent them both at the same place.

On the first evening it was all I could do to stay awake long enough to go out to dinner. I waited outside a "Chicken & Hof" place for them to open - hoping to replicate the experience of another night-out alone when I finally discovered where to find spicy fried chicken. I didn't quite get it right. Overcome with tiredness, I ordered the first thing on the menu - which turned out to be boneless chicken in a extremely spicy gochujang sauce. I enjoyed it - washed down with a couple of beers - but it wasn't exactly what I needed that first night.

On Saturday night, I returned to see if I could do better and I did!



Sweet spicy bone-in chicken with some fat noodle-like rice-cakes for good measure.  I tried to do it justice, but predictably it defeated me in the end.

Fortunately, I had a two-mile walk back to my hotel to get over the worst of my over-indulgence and to take in the views:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!