Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 3.063: A handy vase of flowers

While I was planning the discussion for our church gathering this morning, the rest of the family were busy with a craft project making paper lilies. After lunch I was instructed that I needed to do mine. Exile #3 was my instructor, supervisor and assistant. She drew around my hand, watched as I cut out the hand-print, showed me how to curl the fingers around a pencil and then bend it around to make my own hand-lily.

Here's the whole family's bunch!

Much of the rest of the day has been spent planning the first stop on our up-coming road-trip. Unfortunately families of 5 are not well catered for by the meta-search engines such as Kayak. Expedia does OK. Too often, you have to get as far as selecting a hotel and a rate before it becomes clear that they cannot accommodate us.

Looks like we'd better be prepared to sleep in the car for the rest of the trip. I hope I'm joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!