Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 3.073: Water rush!

Cohoes Falls panorama

This morning, I left home as soon as the girls were on the bus and went up to see Cohoes Falls. With a flood warning in effect, I was fairly sure they would look quite different to our previous visits - including this most recent one - I was not disappointed. 

(I uploaded these pictures at full resolution to Flickr - you should be able to get a close look by clicking on them and then on 'all sizes' etc.)

Cohoes Falls triptych

Here is a short video for another impression:



And finally, a comparison of the water level just below the falls with the middle of November:


It was definitely worth the detour - and I still made it to work on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!