Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 3.283: He wants to be a Jedi...

E5N1, through his 10 year-old buddy next door started to take an interest in Star Wars over the summer. Eventually I realised that it was probably time to introduce the kids to it, so they watched the movies in the obviously correct order: 4,5,6,1,2,3.

Exile #4 was pleased to discover there was a princess in it and so it wasn't just a 'boy-film'. In fact, for weeks after they first watched it she could be heard asking "Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" at the slightest provocation.

In the end, they all enjoyed them all and I found the prequel trilogy a lot more compelling when I happened to see a bit of it over their shoulders than I had found it the first time round.

Soon after all this, I started to see adverts from Amazon for 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II', an Xbox 360 game that was about to be released - so naturally with my mind turned in that direction, I promptly ordered a copy of 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed' which was by now several years old and less than $20. I've been rather enjoying it.

Yep...like his father.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that you and I went to see the first (ie No.4) in Bradford when it was new - at your insistence - and that I enjoyed it greatly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.

    Y

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!