Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 3.290: Auto-incarceration

Just before lunchtime I had a call from Exile #2,
I've locked E5N1 in the car with the keys.

He's strapped into his car seat and can't wriggle out.

I'm at his pre-school. On a borrowed phone. Mine is in my bag. In the car.

So, I went home, got the spare key, drove to where they were and let him out (and her in).

Later, we wondered how it had happened since pressing the 'lock' button on the fob doesn't work if a door is open. It turned out that E5N1 had first climbed into the front, pressed the 'lock' switch on the driver's door which does work with the doors open and then climbed back into his seat. Exile #2 buckled him in, closed his door and...yep that was that.

So - he really locked himself in.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor e5n1. Hope he wasn't too upset?

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was fine when I arrived - he'd been upset on-and-off and was a little red-eyed, but seems basically unaffected by the ordeal!

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!