Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 5.364: Happy Birthday to me!

I'm not 103.

It was one of the strangest birthdays ever. I received the first greeting on Facebook just after it turned midnight here (I was sleeping) but many came though while I was sleeping again 24 hours later as the US woke to January 8th and UK folks were home from work.

The best greeting was the rendition of Happy Birthday delivered by the rest of the Exiles over Skype video call when I woke up (it was still dinner time on the previous night there). This I my only physical birthday gift received so far: a burger. As you can see the trend towards bigger and bigger servings hasn't occurred here like in the western world!

2 comments:

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!