Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 6.016: National Museum of Korea

In the real world, we spent the day rushing the kids from place to place and then finally settling down to watch the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas Special and the first episode of the subsequent series.

Back in Korea, still on the long day of trying to stay awake, we visited the National Museum of Korea - just across the river from Gangnam (of style fame).

The museum is in a hugely imposing (and also huge) building.


It's also huge on the inside!


Here are a few of my favourite exhibits.

I'm pretty sure these are coffins (they are about three to four feet tall):


There was lots of cool art.  I loved this pheasant


and this tiger


and there were a load of these beautiful bamboo paintings!


This guy is totally rocking this hair-style:


Quack, quack!


Finally - sadly I suspect that, contrary to appearances, this is not an exhibit about the invention of the golf ball:


We spent about an hour and a half there - just about time to whizz around most of the galleries.  I could have spent longer there, but that would require a day when my will and my body were not in open conflict about what time of the day or night it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!