Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 6.113: Two birds with two runs

Here are some birds I saw while running in Germany. Yes there are several - although the females/young were pretty well camouflaged in the field.


This morning, I was almost back home from my run when I heard a commotion at the top of a tree. I looked up and saw about a dozen crows making a huge fuss in and around the top of a tree. I was curious enough to stop to watch. Every now and again I heard a very different call and suspected that it was whatever the crows were upset about - but I couldn't see what it was.

I watched for a while. Same pattern - lots of crow shouts interspersed with the occasional loud but slightly sing-song call.

Eventually, the troublemaker flew and was mobbed by the crows as it flew a short distance to another tree - it was a raven. I don't know what it had done to upset its smaller cousins. Eventually I saw and heard it let out a classic raspy cry and I decided I'd better run home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!