Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 7.072: Two lighthouses before breakfast

For the first time in several weeks, I was able to run my long run first thing in the morning today. I decided to head south down the coast to see a couple of lighthouses.

My run took me through downtown Portland, across the bridge into South Portland and then into Cape Elizabeth.

The first lighthouse was one we visited on Exile #2 and the kids' first visit here in November.


(I didn't spend time getting a good angle - but thought I'd prove that I was there!)

and then I ran the whole length of Cape Elizabeth to the actual cape to see this one looming above Dyer Cove:



Then it was time to turn around and run the nearly-12 miles back again.


P.S. On the way back past the first lighthouse I realised I could see up the coast to this lighthouse too (for a bonus third!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!