Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 1.002: Basket face

After a slow start (including 'Saturday Breakfast' for the first time in over a month), we have had a fairly busy day. Exile #4 had a birthday party to go to. I took her to this rather wonderful indoor play place where as well as the birthday staples of pizza and cake, there was climbing, ball-pit, preschool roller coasters, a parachute session, dancing, and (as you can see) basketball. Meanwhile I tried to hold a few conversations with the other parents and took the opportunity to test my new camera.

This afternoon we spent some time in the garden. The main occupations were:
1) pulling large branches that had fallen, but not quite to the ground, while we were away (I even chopped the end off one and used it as firewood - but I need a new saw blade if I'm going to make a habit of it)
2) playing hide-and-seek
3) trampling the remains of Makka Pakka - the last of the snow in the garden.

Just as the mountains of snow that we came back to finally disappears, we seem also to be getting to the bottom of the backlog of unattended-to correspondence and knock-on chaos. We are also mostly healthy and time-adjusted at last.

Having said that, Exile #3 and E5N1 are looking a bit off-colour (tee hee)


So with the deadline for last year's pop pun pop quiz almost upon us (do you have the time to listen to me whine?), I present pop pun #42 for title watchers with normal non-prize-winning service resumed - I am one of those melodramatic fools.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. No need to be so hard on yourself! You're not really a basket case, although I couldn't be confident about Green Day or Avril Lavine.

    A

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!