Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 6.105: Deutsche Laufen, Deutsche Bahn

It was my last day in Germany and I had a little time to myself. I started with a nice run - four miles crisscrossing a city park.

The walk from there to the hotel was quite appealing too as you can see from the picture.



The afternoon was spent on the train. I have quite a soft-spot for Deutsche Bahn. I wouldn't be surprised if I've done as many miles on German trains as on British ones despite only having started 12 years ago. Today I had lunch in the restaurant car (a cooked meal on a plate with a cold beer - served at a table traveling at 90 miles per hour), then I returned to my reserved seat in a Harry Potter style compartment. All very civilised.

Cue random picture of German countryside speeding by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!