Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 342: Housecleaning in the...

OK, I was going to name this post after a game we have played as an ice-breaker with bells-on in a few different groups. The missing word starts with 'n' and rhymes with prude. I suddenly thought of the Google hits that might end up coming my way and couldn't do it.

The game actually involves no removal of clothing but is about things that various people like doing (or in advanced rounds don't like doing or have done). Someone at some point chose "I like - housecleaning in the..." and the game was renamed from its previous more prosaic (and unknown to me) name. The aim is to see who agrees with you - history does not record the result of this particular proclamation. I can guess though.

Anyway, we've safely arrived at our next port of call after an uneventful journey on Britain's motorways. We stopped for lunch at a service station and found out that customer service is sometimes every bit as good here as in the US. Exile #2 took the rest of the family to sit down. I had out food on an overflowing tray and the only place to pay was the coffee counter. "Would you like any hot drinks?" I'll come back I haven't really got room. "I'll help you what would you like?" I gave my order and let him know that we had two free children's meals coming (in case he needed to put them through the till). He carried our coffees over to the table for us. A few minutes later he saw the lady from the food counter coming with the girls' meals and realising who they were for, took them from her and brought them over. Unlike the US there was no way he could be hoping for a tip. He was new to the job and Italian though I think - maybe they have higher standards where he was last.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!